Addresses and Phone Numbers
- Address: 574 West Sixth Avenue, Denver Colorado 80204
- Attendance Line:720-423-9101
- E-mail: email@example.com
See also the Faculty homepages.
The school day is from 7:30 to 2:30 every day, Monday through Friday.
Dropping Off and Picking Up
For parents who are bringing their students by car, we request that you only pick up and drop off your students at the designated areas for safety concerns.
Please only pick up and drop off your students on Delaware and Fox Streets past the parking lot driveways. We also request that students only exit the vehicle curbside and on the school side of the street, meaning that if you are driving north you drop off your student on Fox St. between 5th and 6th; if you are driving south, you drop off your student on Delaware St. between 5th and 6th.
Please do not drop your students off in the DCIS parking lots on either the south or east sides of the school, nor on 6th Ave. This is a safety hazard, and our DCIS community strives to keep our students, staff, and parents safe!
Please feel free to contact the main office at 720-423-9000 if you need any clarification or if you have any other questions or concerns, and we thank you in advance for following our new safety protocol.
Please do not drop off your students before 7:00. There is no adult supervision before 7:00.
After school, there is no adult supervision after 4:30. If a student stays in the building past 4:30, the student must be with an adult.
We have many ways to stay up to date on happenings around DCIS and in your student’s academic life.
- E-mail, call, or stop by in person and connect with your child’s advisor: he/she is your primary link to the school.
- Review the Announcements page.
- Take a look at the school Calendar page.
- Subscribe to the DCIS PTSA newsletter by sending your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Take a look at the bulletin board outside the main office.
- Go to the Infinite Campus Parent-Student Portal to view your child’s grades, homework assignments, attendance, and much more.
- Read the walls and bulletin boards around the school; many clubs post information that never gets to us parents!
Parent Teacher Student Association
DCIS’s PTSA meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in DCIS’s Model United Nations room. For additional information, please visit the DCIS PTSA page or contact Marilyn McCormick or Laurie Harris.
DCIS Collaborative School Committee
The DCIS CSC meets on the third Thursday of every month from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in DCIS’s Melanie Grant Travel Center, Room 104. For more information, please see the DCIS CSC page.
Parent Portal/Infinite Campus
Parent Portal allows parents, family members and students with an activated account to access data about students attendance, grades, test scores and other pertinent data about student progress. Parents may come in to the school with a completed form and a picture id to have an account created for them.
When you learn of a resource or link that you think other parents would like to use, please let us know and we’ll add them here.
International Getaways – An information source for things international/multicultural in Colorado, includes an events calendar and directory.
Active Minds for Life – Active Minds for Life’s mission is to expand lives and minds with community based educational programs. We believe in lifelong learning and fostering active minds for life.