DCIS offers many opportunities for students to travel, including study-abroad trips for individuals as well as teacher-led, school-sponsored trips for groups (click here to see photos from previous years’ trips). Below are offerings for this year.
2014 TEACHER-SPONSORED TRIPS
- ITALY- Rome/Florence/Pompeii/ Sorrento (3/27 – 4/5 2014 ) Open to middle and high school students; Cultural Anthropology/History. Sponsor: Mr. Tabano.
- EASTERN EUROPE – Berlin,Prague, Krakow and Budapest (3/20- 3/29 2014) - Open to high school students. Sponsors: Ms. Harrold and Mr. Brown.
- PERU (Spring Break 2014) - A proposed 4 day trek to Machu Picchu plus a service learning component. Open to high school students. See Mr. Efting for more information.
- WASHINGTON DC – THE CAPITOL TOUR (6/4-6/8 2014) - Open to middle school students. Sponsors: Ms. Harrold and Ms. Lineman.
- ACROSS THE ENGLISH CHANNEL – London, Paris, Normandy (6/3 – 6/9 2014) Open to high school and possibly middle school students. Cost: $3,170. Sponsor: Ms. Kwapy and Ms. Chavez
- NYC THEATRE TRIP SUMMER (6/9 – 6/13 2014)-. Open to middle and high school students. Sponsor: Ms. Younts.
Rotary Youth Exchange – Offers high school students an opportunity to apply for an academic year abroad. Applications are generally accepted in the fall for the following school year. Contact your local Rotary for more information and details.
Americans Promoting Study Abroad China Scholars Program (APSA) - Open to students 15-17 with minimum of one year of Chinese, this competitive program offers students a 4-6 week language and cultural program in Beijing. Applications are generally available in February. Check the website or ask Ms. Ge or look for information from the Travel Center.