Students should walk at all times in the hallways — running and horseplay are not allowed. All staff will be in the hallways during passing periods to encourage students to move along to their next class and interrupt student gatherings.
While in the hallways during passing periods, students should maintain a voice level of 2 or 3 based on the following guidelines:
- 0 = silent
- 1–2 = whisper
- 2–3 = conversation
- 4 = shouting (outside)
Students who are in the hallway during class time must have a hall pass. The following guidelines pertain to hall passes:
- Only one student per pass.
- Voice level should be 0-2 when in the hallway during class time.
- For students who need to leave for an appointment or another reason during class time, one-way passes will be given and signed by an adult.
- Staff will check passes of students in the hallways.
- No passes will be given during the first or last 10 minutes of class.
- Pass breaks during instruction are highly discouraged.
- Students should use the restroom nearest their classroom.
- Students will sign and sign out of class on a restroom sign-out sheet.