What Sets DCIS Apart?
Like other district schools, DCIS has four core content areas: language arts, math, social studies and science. DCIS students also are required to take a world language and some additional coursework in international studies. All students take Advisement, and high school students take Passages, which are courses designed to enrich their learning experience and develop their leadership skills. Courses outside the core content areas are noted below.
- 6th grade: Intro to World Languages
- 7th and 8th grade: world language of their choice
- DCIS-specific second social studies class
- Drama, art and physical education
- World language of their choice
- Additional required global studies classes such as Passages and Connections
- Electives (such as creative writing, film production)
- Advanced Placement and concurrent enrollment college coursework (optional but highly encouraged)