The Travel Center has a wealth of information about DCIS travel and travel related resources. Check out upcoming events, opportunities, scholarships, and school sponsored trips below! Or stop by and explore!
DEADLINES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- FRIDAY 12/6 ALL SCHOOL MEETING PRESENTATION FOR CAPABLE TEENS - Capable Teens is a summer camp program in China for Chinese youth with an emphasis on leadership skills and English. They are looking for counselors, ages 16-18 to spend two months in China this summer. Scholarships are available. For more information, please contact Tanner Ryan at email@example.com
- WANT TO GO TO GREECE, ITALY AND SPAIN? Kate Farmer at DCIS Montbello is sponsoring a trip to Athens, Florence and Barcellona in June 18-29, 2014. Open to 10th and 11th graders. Check out the link below or contact Kate directly (KATHARINE_FARMER@dpsk12.org, )
- DEC.5 - DCIS FAIRMONT 5TH GRADE STUDENTS VISIT DCIS!
- JAN. 9, 2014 -YES – ABROAD SCHOLARSHIPS DUE! See Scholarship information below for details and links!
- JAN. 20, 2014 – LUNCHTIME INFORMATION SESSION - SANSORI BRIDGE YEAR PROGRAMS from 12-12:45 pm AT THE TRAVEL CENTER - Students, staff and parents are invited to learn more about Sansori’s Gap Year Programs.
TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES WITH SCHOLARSHIPS!
- DCIS FOUNDATION TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIPS - CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DCIS FOUNDATION TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS :
EF Tours Travel Scholarship: Olivia Sanders–Krakow, Budapest, Prague, BerlinCo Biz Travel Scholarship Farhiya Haji–ItalyOther Scholarships Awarded To:Oscar Mendez–Spain, England, FranceKai Stossel–Krakow, Budapest, Prague, BerlinGabriella Orozco–Florence, RomeBritani Rudolph–ItalyMaya Bethea–ItalyHarris Turpin–Eastern EuropeKristelle Quinto–New YorkJane Lineman–Middle School Group to D.C.David Tabano–Middle School Group to Italy
Next round of DCIS Foundation Travel Scholarship applications will be in February 2014 for summer and fall trips.
- YES-Abroad Scholarship U.S. State Department scholarships for academic year programs to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mali, Morocco, Oman, South Africa, Thailand, Tunisia and Turkey. Application deadline January 9, 2014 for programs departing in 2014
HOST FAMILIES NEEDED!
2014 TEACHER SPONSORED TRIPS
- ITALY- Rome/Florence/Pompeii/ Sorrento (3/27 – 4/5 2014 ) Open to middle and high school students; Cultural Anthropology/History Sponsor: Mr. Tabano
- EASTERN EUROPE – Berlin,Prague, Krakow and Budapest (3/20- 3/29 2014) – Open to high school students. . Sponsors: Ms. Harrold and Mr. Brown
- PERU (Spring Break 2014) - A proposed 4 day trek to Machu Picchu plus a service learning component. Open to high school students. See Mr. Efting for more information
- WASHINGTON DC – THE CAPITOL TOUR (6/4-6/8 2014) – Open to middle school students. Sponsors: Ms. Harrold and Ms. Lineman
- ENGLAND AND FRANCE - London & Paris (6/3 – 6/9 2014) Open to high school and possibly middle school students. Sponsor: Ms. Kwapy and Ms. Chavez
- NYC THEATRE TRIP SUMMER (6/9 – 6/13 2014)- Open to middle and high school students. Sponsor: Ms. Younts
- GREECE, ITALY AND SPAIN – Athens, Florence and Barcelona (6/18-29, 2014) - This trip is a collaboration with DCIS Montbello. Open to students in 10th and 11th grades. Sponsor: Kate Farmer Please contact Kate directly with questions or to sign up! (KATHARINE_FARMER@dpsk12.org)
- COSTA RICA SERVICE LEARNING TRIP (6/23-7/1 2014) : Open to middle school students. Sponsor: Mr Mahon
* Please note, all costs are subject to change.
STUDENT TRAVEL BLOGS
Each year a number of DCIS students embark on semester or year long exchanges. Follow their blogs and their journeys.
News/Opportunities Up-to-date news and opportunities can be found here.
Help Build a Wall of (Student) Travel – Add a postcard from a trip or study abroad program to our wall and get School Service Credit!
Share your travel experiences with other students – Complete a student travel project form PDF, return it to the Travel Center for our Student Travel binder and get School Service Credit.
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! Help us reach 100 “likes” and “friends”. Visit us on Facebook and post your comments and photos and follow our adventures!
Contact If you have questions, or would like to make an appointment, please contact Geri Badler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.423.9071.