The Travel Center has a wealth of information about DCIS travel and travel related resources. Check out upcoming events, opportunities, scholarships, and school sponsored trips below! Or stop by and explore!
Tuesdays 7:30 – 3:00
“Never say ‘no’ to adventures. Always say ‘yes,’ otherwise you’ll lead a very dull life.” –Ian Fleming
DEADLINES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
THE TRAVEL CENTER WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE YEAR STARTING FRIDAY MAY 30.
Bon voyage! Please bring back postcards for the Travel Center’s “Wall of Travel”
LOOKING FOR FUNDRAISING IDEAS TO SUPPORT SCHOOL TRAVELS? - Join the other DCIS families and students that help at the food concessions during the Bronco’s games. This is a great way to make extra money for travels while at DCIS. Please contact Karen Gentzler at email@example.com for more information or to sign up!
TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS!
- PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a chance to showcase your videomaking skills. This year’s themes are migration, diversity, and social inclusion. Deadline is June 27.
- The Society of American Travel Writers’ Teen Travel Writing Scholarship will award prizes to students in grades 8-12 who submit the best travel essay. Deadline: July 27.
Have a cultural experience without leaving home. Host an exchange student!
2015 TEACHER SPONSORED TRIPS
- ITALIAN EXCHANGE (Tentatively MARCH 25-APRIL 7, 2015 ) Open to high school students taking Italian. Sponsor: Ms. Bishop
- AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND EXCHANGE AND EXPLORATION (MARCH 21 -APRIL 7, 2015 ) Open to high school students. Sponsors: Ms. Harrold and Mr. Brown
- LONDON THEATRE AND SHAKESPEARE (SPRING BREAK 2015) – Open to high school students. Sponsor: Ms. Younts
- VIVA ARGENTINA (JUNE 6-16, 2015) - Open to high school students and current 7th and 8th graders who speak or are currently taking Spanish. Sponsor: Ms. Hirsch
STUDENT TRAVEL BLOGS
Each year a number of DCIS students embark on semester or year long exchanges. Follow their blogs and their journeys
News/Opportunities – Up-to-date news and opportunities can be found here.
Help Build a Wall of (Student) Travel – Add a postcard from a trip or study abroad program to our wall and get School Service Credit!
Share your travel experiences with other students – Complete a student travel project form PDF, return it to the Travel Center for our Student Travel binder. Get School Service Credit.
“LIKE” us on Facebook! Post your comments, photos and follow our adventures!
Contact: If you have questions, or would like to make an appointment, please contact Geri Badler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.423.9071.