The Travel Center has a wealth of information about DCIS travel and travel related resources. Check out upcoming events, opportunities, scholarships, and school sponsored trips below! Or stop by and explore!
Tuesdays 7:30 – 3:00
DEADLINES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
Visit the Travel Center to learn about opportunities!
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30 LUNCHTIME (12:20PM) BUILDING BRIDGES INFORMATIONAL PIZZA LUNCH IN MR. SPETZLER’S ROOM #125- Building Bridges is a leadership program for young women entering grades 10,11 or 12 in the 2014-2015 school year. This is a two year program with students working with a diverse group of students from Colorado, Israel and Palestine. It includes a two week summer program as well as culminating trip to Israel and Palestine. Scholarships are available. Come to the lunch meeting and check it out!
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DCIS FOUNDATION TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS: Jack Virnich (Japan); Greta Sandberg (Brazil); Anna Alicia Roman (Peru); Astrid Marin (Peru); Carmelina Palmer (Turkey & Israel); Isobel Thieme (Peru), Jack Whalen (Peru), Emily Romero (Israel); Alex Warren (Italy)
TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS!
- PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a chance to showcase your videomaking skills. This year’s themes are migration, diversity, and social inclusion. Deadline is June 27.
- The Society of American Travel Writers’ Teen Travel Writing Scholarship will award prizes to students in grades 8-12 who submit the best travel essay. Deadline: July 27.
WE STILL NEED HOST FAMILIES!
2014 TEACHER SPONSORED TRIPS
- ITALY- Rome/Florence/Pompeii/ Sorrento (3/27 – 4/5 2014 ) Open to middle and high school students; Cultural Anthropology/History Sponsor: Mr. Tabano CLOSED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
- EASTERN EUROPE – Berlin,Prague, Krakow and Budapest (3/20- 3/29 2014) – Open to high school students. . Sponsors: Ms. Harrold and Mr. Brown CLOSED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
- PERU (Spring Break 2014) - A 4 day trek to Machu Picchu plus a service learning component. Open to high school students. See Mr. Efting for more information CLOSED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
- WASHINGTON DC – THE CAPITOL TOUR (6/4-6/8 2014) – Open to middle school students. Sponsors: Ms. Lineman CLOSED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
- NYC THEATRE TRIP SUMMER (6/9 – 6/13 2014)- Open to middle and high school students. Sponsor: Ms. Younts CLOSED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
- GREECE, ITALY AND SPAIN – Athens, Florence and Barcelona (6/18-29, 2014) - This trip is a collaboration with DCIS Montbello. Open to students in 10th and 11th grades. Sponsor: Kate Farmer Please contact Kate directly with questions or to sign up! (KATHARINE_FARMER@dpsk12.org)
- COSTA RICA (6/23-7/1 2014) : Open to middle school students. Sponsor: Mr Mahon
2015 TEACHER SPONSORED TRIPS
- ITALIAN EXCHANGE (Tentatively MARCH 25-APRIL 7, 2015 ) Open to high school students taking Italian. Sponsor: Ms. Bishop
- VIVA ARGENTINA (JUNE 6-16, 2015) - Open to high school students and current 7th and 8th graders who speak or are currently taking Spanish. Sponsor: Ms. Hirsch
STUDENT TRAVEL BLOGS
Each year a number of DCIS students embark on semester or year long exchanges. Follow their blogs and their journeys
News/Opportunities – Up-to-date news and opportunities can be found here.
Help Build a Wall of (Student) Travel – Add a postcard from a trip or study abroad program to our wall and get School Service Credit!
Share your travel experiences with other students – Complete a student travel project form PDF, return it to the Travel Center for our Student Travel binder. Get School Service Credit.
“LIKE” us on Facebook! Post your comments, photos and follow our adventures!
Contact: If you have questions, or would like to make an appointment, please contact Geri Badler at email@example.com or 720.423.9071.