The Travel Center has a wealth of information about DCIS travel and travel related resources. Check out upcoming events, opportunities, scholarships, and school sponsored trips below! Or stop by and explore!
Tuesdays 7:30 – 3:00
DEADLINES AND UPCOMING EVENTS
- MANDATORY ITALY TRIP PARENT MEETING - TUESDAY, MARCH 4 @ 6pm - See Mr. Tabano for more information
- MANDATORY WASHINGTON DC PARENT MEETING IN THE MUN ROOM, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 5 @ 6PM - See Ms. Lineman for more information
- LUNCHTIME INFORMATION SESSION - POWER OF ONE THAILAND -THURSDAY, MARCH 6 FROM 12:20-1PM - Bring your lunch and learn about Power of One’s trips to Thailand (Dec 2014) and summer trips to South Africa. These unique service learning trips open to high school students. Check it out!
- ADOLESCO SUMMER EXCHANGE INFORMATIONAL MEETING – SUNDAY, MARCH 9 3-5PM @ SAM GARY LIBRARY STAPLETON (2961 Roslyn St., Denver) -Come learn about short summer exchanges for middle and high school students to live with a host family in Canada, Great Britain, France, Spain or Germany and host here in Denver! A great way to start a cultural adventure! For more information contact Tara Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APSA CHINA 2014 FINALIST INTERVIEWS TUESDAY, MARCH 11 FROM 3-6pm IN THE TRAVEL CENTER. Candidates will be contacted by APSA
- MANDATORY PARENT MEETING FOR ARGENTINA 2015, WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12th at 6:00PM ROOM 122 for those students 7th grade and up interested in travelling to Argentina in the summer of 2015. Students must be taking Spanish or have some knowledge of Spanish to go on the trip. Please see Mrs. Hirsch for more information and to RSVP!
- LUNCHTIME INFORMATION SESSION – GLOBAL WORKS - TUESDAY, MARCH 25 FROM 12:20-1pm - Meet with a Global Works rep to learn about their summer service adventures and community service trips!
TRAVEL OPPORTUNITIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS!
• CSIET 12th Annual Art Cover Design Contest: High school exchange students inspired by their experiences are encouraged to submit artwork representing the importance of international exchange programs. The winner will receive a cash prize of $500. The deadline for applications is April 4.
• International Space Apps Challenge: Anyone who has a passion for changing the world can participate in this technology development event during which citizens from around the world work together to solve challenges relevant to improving life on Earth and life in space. Join in over 75 cities around the world or at home on April 12-13.
• Adobe Youth Voices Aspire Awards: Youth media makers ages 13-18 can enter their work in the form of a photo, illustration, audio piece, or short video to win prizes including hardware, cash, and more. Deadline is April 18.
• PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a chance to showcase your videomaking skills. This year’s themes are migration, diversity, and social inclusion. Deadline is June 27.
HOST FAMILIES NEEDED!
2014 TEACHER SPONSORED TRIPS
- ITALY- Rome/Florence/Pompeii/ Sorrento (3/27 – 4/5 2014 ) Open to middle and high school students; Cultural Anthropology/History Sponsor: Mr. Tabano CLOSED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
- EASTERN EUROPE – Berlin,Prague, Krakow and Budapest (3/20- 3/29 2014) – Open to high school students. . Sponsors: Ms. Harrold and Mr. Brown CLOSED. NO MORE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED
- PERU (Spring Break 2014) - A 4 day trek to Machu Picchu plus a service learning component. Open to high school students. See Mr. Efting for more information
- WASHINGTON DC – THE CAPITOL TOUR (6/4-6/8 2014) – Open to middle school students. Sponsors: Ms. Lineman
- NYC THEATRE TRIP SUMMER (6/9 – 6/13 2014)- Open to middle and high school students. Sponsor: Ms. Younts
- GREECE, ITALY AND SPAIN – Athens, Florence and Barcelona (6/18-29, 2014) - This trip is a collaboration with DCIS Montbello. Open to students in 10th and 11th grades. Sponsor: Kate Farmer Please contact Kate directly with questions or to sign up! (KATHARINE_FARMER@dpsk12.org)
- COSTA RICA (6/23-7/1 2014) : Open to middle school students. Sponsor: Mr Mahon
2015 TEACHER SPONSORED TRIPS
- VIVA ARGENTINA (JUNE 6-16, 2015) - Open to high school students and current 7th and 8th graders who speak or are currently taking Spanish. Sponsor: Ms. Hirsch
STUDENT TRAVEL BLOGS
Each year a number of DCIS students embark on semester or year long exchanges. Follow their blogs and their journeys
News/Opportunities Up-to-date news and opportunities can be found here.Help Build a Wall of (Student) Travel – Add a postcard from a trip or study abroad program to our wall and get School Service Credit!Share your travel experiences with other students – Complete a student travel project form PDF, return it to the Travel Center for our Student Travel binder and get School Service Credit.LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! Help us reach 200 “likes” and “friends”.
Visit us on Facebook and post your comments and photos and follow our adventures!Contact If you have questions, or would like to make an appointment, please contact Geri Badler at email@example.com or 720.423.9071.