Attention sophomore & junior parents/guardians, please join the Counseling Office and DCIS staff on March 1, 2018 from 6-7pm in the Auditorium. We will be discussing the following:
- Graduation Requirements
- College Readiness
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Beyond high school
- And more
- Plus local college, university, and technical college reps will be present
Please join us!
Through the generous sponsorship of TrueVoice Studios, the DCIS PTSA is excited to offer this FREE screening of the film, SCREENAGERS on Friday, February 23rd at 6:3o pm. The movie SCREENAGERS reveals how tech time impacts kids’ development and offers solutions on how adults can empower kids to best navigate the digital world and find balance. We encourage parents to bring their kids and use this opportunity to launch conversations related to the digital device usage of everyone in your family. Spanish subtitles will be provided. To download a bilingual flyer, click here. To reserve your seats, please click here.
School of Choice is Now Open!
Families, this year the School of Choice application will only be online. What you will need to do is:
- Create an account on the School of Choice system or use your existing parent portal log-in (Google Chrome or Firefox browsers are recommended)
- Verify all the information entered is correct
- If your parent portal login is used, it should auto populate most of the information and link your students currently in a DPS school
- You will be able to submit more than one application with a single log-in
- You can rank up to five schools on your application
- If you are unsure of what schools to choose, you can use the School Finder services to help you identify your top schools https://dps.schoolmint.net/school-finder/home
- The applications can be submitted any time between February 1 and February 28 at 4pm
- Please remember that the system will close exactly at 4 pm on February 28 and that no applications will be accepted after that.
We are excited to be using the new system and we are here to support you as much as possible. The applications are mobile friendly, so you can submit your application from the convenience of your phone. Also, the DCIS main office will have Chrome books available to use if any questions arise.
Now follow this link and start your School of Choice process https://dps.schoolmint.net/signin.
PLEASE NOTE: If your student already attends DCIS in the 8th Grade and would like to return for high school, you still need to submit a choice form listing DCIS as your top choice.
The DCIS Drama Club will present their one act plays this Thursday, Friday and Saturday, February 1-3, at 6 pm. Tickets, purchased at the door, are $5 for adults and $3 for students. Come enjoy a wonderful night of comedy & drama with productions produced from head to toe by our very own DCIS students.
For those wishing to come alongside and support the Ramirez family, the following GoFundMe page has been created.
Every student who wants to apply for a DCIS Foundation scholarship for travel through this fall MUST attend one of the application preparation orientation meetings THIS WEEK and participate in interviews, which will take place in early February. For the first time, one of the meetings is being held in the evening to make it easier for parents to attend as well (parent attendance isn’t required but is welcome). There will be another orientation meeting in the fall for students traveling later this year who wish to apply for a scholarship then.
- Thursday, Jan. 18, 12:30-1:30 pm, DCIS Community Room (103)
- Thursday, Jan. 18, 5:30-6:30 pm, MUN Room*
We will be hosting an evening open house for prospective students and their families the evening of January 11, 2018! Please join us at 6 PM to learn about our academics, staff and culture. We’re so proud of our school and can’t wait to share it with our prospective students!
DCIS would like to congratulate the middle school students who were honored at a ceremony on December 13th where they were presented certificates for honor roll. These students exemplified leadership and academic excellence by having a GPA this fall semester of 3.5 or higher. To see the names students who received this honor, please click here.
Congrats to our 6th, 7th and 8th graders!